NetApp Metro Cluster
Achieve continuous data availability for mission-critical applications at half the cost and complexity.
MetroCluster is a unique solution that combines array-based clustering with synchronous mirroring to deliver continuous availability and zero data loss. As a self-contained solution, MetroCluster is able to transparently recover from failures so mission-critical applications continue uninterrupted. It also eliminates repetitive change management activities to reduce the risk of human error and administrative overhead.
You can now benefit from new MetroCluster enhancements:
- Nondisruptive upgrades to minimize planned downtime
- Automated site failover to reduced unplanned downtime
- End-to-end continuous availability in a virtualized environment with VMware® HA and FT
Whether you have a single data center, a campus, or a metropolitan-wide environment, MetroCluster is a cost-effective solution that provides continuous data availability for your critical business environment.
- Designed for zero unplanned downtime through transparent failover with protection from hardware plus network and environmental faults
- Designed for zero planned downtime through nondisruptive upgrades for storage hardware and software
- Designed for zero change management through automatic mirroring of changes to user, configuration, and application data
- Set-it-once simplicity: easy to deploy, with no complex scripting or dependencies on the application or operating system
- Improved read performance
Added efficiency through data deduplication and server virtualization